You are here: commercial property insurance

Arranging Commercial Property Insurance


Commercial Property Insurance

The requirements of Commercial Property Owners are quite different in many ways from Residential Property Owners, for example it is important that insurers are aware of the type of tenant that occupies the property and the business activities or trade processes performed in the building.

It is important to consider and review the amounts insured, particularly the building and rent sums insured – these are not always index linked and can become inadequate quickly, particularly if you’ve recently completed a rent review.

Also consider on what basis your cover is arranged, some policies restrict cover to only a few ‘perils’ such as fire, whilst others do not include subsidence. Good quality and wide cover is generally available at extremely competitive premiums as Commercial Property Owners Insurance is generally very profitable for insurers. You should also consider cover for damage as a result of Terrorism and Property Owners Liability Insurances.

Commercial Property is a major asset and you should ensure this asset is properly protected, to speak with a qualified advisor, regulated by the Financial Services Authority, complete the form below and a commercial property insurance advisor from Melville Burbage Insurance Services Ltd will contact you to discuss your requirements in detail.

Melville Burbage provide Landlord Insurance and Buy to Let insurance

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Telephone number (required)

Melville Burbage Insurance Services Ltd will call you to clarify your requirements and capture any additional information.


For your security please enter the code above in the box below and click the send button.

Read our privacy policy - we do not share your information without consent.