Terms and Conditions
This section details all terms and conditions of all uses of this website and our products and services.
1. T&Cs of sale
2. Website usage T&Cs
4. Copyright Notice
5. Property vendor/ landlord information
1. Terms & Conditions of any sale
“By clicking the ‘Accept’ button you agree to these terms and conditions. By completing and submitting the following electronic order form you are making an offer to purchase goods and/ or services which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.”
i) You are purchasing goods and/ or services from thebigpropertylist.co.uk (TBPL), whose registered office is 8 Inhams Way, Reading, Berkshire. RG7 2QA
(ii) If you have selected one of our advertising packages your property details will be displayed on our website within 24 hours of payment being received. At this time the service will be deemed to have begun and your rights of cancellation will have ended before the usual 7 day ‘cooling off’ period. By accepting these terms and conditions and proceeding with your order you expressly agree to this. The period for which we will advertise your property on our website (thebigpropertylist.co.uk) is 1 month for the Basic Package, 6 months for the Standard package and 12 months for the Premium package. This period may be extended at our discretion and if so done will be in good faith and will not extend this contract (unless expressly agreed in writing), which will be deemed to have been fulfilled on expiry of the initial term.
(iii) The cost of the services are as follows: Basic Package: Free, Standard Package: £49.99 and Premium Package £149.99 including all fees and taxes. Extra services: If you have selected extra services with your order you will be charged at the following rates, For Sale signs £35.00 inc delivery, ‘feature your advert’ £45, temporary telephone number TBA.
(v) Payment will be taken online via secure payment gateway provided by Sagepay. Sagepay take you data security seriously and are level 1 PCI DSS compliant and are active members of the PCI SSC (Security Standards Council). For more information visit the Sagepay website: www.sagepay.com Accepted cards include VISA, VISA debit, VISA electron, Maestro, Mastercard and laser. If you have difficulties paying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to help you.
(vii) As stated at ii) performance of the service will commence within 24 hours of payment being received. You can expect delivery of any goods ordered (such as For Sale signs) within 14 days.
(viii) You have the right to cancel your For Sale sign by writing to us by post or email within 7 days of receipt of such. In such cases the For Sale should be returned by courier or post in its original condition to 8 Inhams Way, Reading, Berkshire. RG7 2QA and proof of postage retained.
(xii) TBPL is liable for the cost of returning any products that we supply as substitutes in the event the goods or services originally ordered are not available.
We recommend you print and retain these terms and conditions for your records.
2. Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘thebigpropertylist.co.uk’ or ‘TBPL’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 8 Inhams Way, Reading, Berkshire RG7 2QA. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without TBPL’s prior written consent, unless you do so within the terms of our Affiliate programme.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to thebigpropertylist.co.uk, 8 Inhams Way, Reading, Berkshire. RG7 2QA
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Contact Vendor Forms
If you use the ‘contact vendor’ form to send a vendor a direct email from a property advert page you agree that TBPL may store and use your email address to contact you directly. We will not pass your details to any third parties and the use of your data will be covered by section 3. Privacy, of these terms and conditions.
Data Protection Act
TBPL is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Copyright notice
This website and its content is copyright of thebigpropertylist.co.uk (TBPL) – © thebigpropertylist.co.uk 2009. All rights reserved. This expressly includes all property details, information, photos and images.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
5. Property vendor/ landlord information
Property vendor’s contact details including but not limited to, telephone numbers and email addresses are displayed for the sole use of contacting the vendor with genuine intention of arranging a viewing for the purposes of considering the vendor’s property to buy or to rent. Contacting Vendor’s for other purposes including but not limited to commercial offers are not allowed and is illegal under UK law.
It is a legal requirement that all organisations do not make unsolicited calls to numbers registered on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) unless they have your consent to do so. http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps
The sending of unsolicited direct marketing by phone, fax, email, text or any other electronic means is strictly regulated by The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. TBPL will support any vendor’s complaint made to the Information Commissioner’s Office about unsolicited emails received using our secure messaging service.