HOME | BUY | RENT | SELL | LEGAL | PROPERTY JOBS | CONTACT
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm 

Hi All,

I'm in a process of buying a repossession flat, but there's a bit of a problem about getting necessary information for mortgage lender.

The building has about 6 flats and I had a chance to speak to a lady, which has one of the flats, and she told me they do not use any external management company and they manage the building themselves. She also told the building is a freehold.

The problem is she isn't very cooperative. Solicitors wrote to her before on numerous occasions and she isn't very helpful, which is a bit of a mystery to me.

Is there a way to get some information without her help? The most important thing for me is getting some sort of 'certificate' which would say the flat I'm buying is a share of freehold. Is there some soft of an office where I could go myself and obtain that information for a lender?

Many thanks,
Adam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

You can see who owns the freehold using the Land Registry service online: http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/online-services

When buying a property it is normal to use a conveyancing solicitor who will determine the exact legal stuation regarding ownership and management.